Compete for over $5000 in total prizes at the ZTE Hackathon @ droidcon SF
ZTE challenges you to create or optimize an application for the new ZTE Axon M smartphone with dual screens. Your application must optimized for one or both of the following two modes:
- Extended Mode – One application is extended across both screens, effectively operating as a tablet application on a 6.75” screen. This provides a user with more space for a single app.
- Dual Mode – Two applications are used on two separate screens. This mode provides a user with the ability to multitask while viewing and operating both applications at the same time. For example, the user can watch a video on one screen and write a message in social media on the other screen. For the ZTE Hackathon, you will only be judged on the appy our develop and how it performs in dual screen mode and potentially on the interaction with a second app running in dual screen mode.
Find more about modes got to: https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/51306/axon-m-modes-and-tips or http://developer.ztedevice.com
Apps can be submitted in the following categories:
- Entertainment (Games, Music & Videos)
- Productivity & Tools
For each app category (Entertainment, Education, Productivity / Tools), the following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st Prize: $1000 Amazon gift card per team
- 2nd Prize: $500 Amazon gift card per team
- 3nd Prize: $300 Amazon gift card per team
One Grand Prize winner selected from all submissions will also be announced. Their app will be featured in Google Play Store in AT&T Top Picks.
Judging Criteria – Apps will be judged on the following criteria: Utility 33.3%, Originality of Idea 33.3% and User Experience 33.3%.
Submit Your App
Teams must submit created apps and associated content by completing the Google Form in How to Notify ZTE section on ZTE Developer website no later than 2:00 pm on Monday, November 6th for judging.
- Go to http://developer.ztedevice.com
- Click on Notify URL in How to Notify ZTE section
- Complete information in Google Form
Teams – You can register and participate as an individual, or as part of a team.
Code Ownership - Teams fully own everything they build during the ZTE Hackathon.
Coding - You may begin forming your team and working on the app as early as October 26th, 2017.